- Delivering Truth Around the World
Custom Search

Town Hall meeting addresses shooting death of Council rancher

Smaller Font Larger Font RSS 2.0

Nov. 12, 2015


Zollman is taking his lead from the Feds, thus being coached and advised on how to eschew the towns current ire via the usual feigned sentiments and call for calm. 150 years ago, there would have been a hanging on the spot by the other ranchers, and the matter would have been settled right then and there. The fact that the two deputies who murdered Yantis are still running around free is proof enough that justice will never be served in this case, considering  that the group responsible for the murders will be investigating them. . .leaving the people in Council tasked with obtaining Justice for Jack Yantis and his family, independent of the thoroughly corrupt and sold out Adams County Sheriff's Department.


Also, 'you can bet the ranch',  that the town-hall meeting had at least one government snitch who was broadcasting the meeting to no-less-than every Federal Police Enforcement agency in America, if not the world.  The people of Council are in the cross-hairs of the feds, and should be on the look out for FBI, DHS, and ATF personnel lurking about in the area, along with regular military and  special ops. This clam-bake was made to order for the Feds, and They would like nothing more than to turn this thing into a full blown war between the locals and government.    ---RR



Town Hall meeting addresses shooting death of Council rancher

COUNCIL, Idaho - It has been over a week since the shooting death of rancher Jack Yantis.

Tuesday night marked the first public address for Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman, who is in the middle of a firestorm in Adams County.

More than 200 people turned out in Council for a town hall meeting conducted by Zollman, as he hoped to begin the healing process in this small town. Reporters were allowed to attend the community meeting, but not to record audio or video.

Zollman said he held the meeting to stand in front of the community and show them he is committed to finding the truth about what happened. He also said he wanted to share what he could about the timeline and the process going forward.

Zollman made a short statement to start, saying the case has been taken over by the Attorney General's Office, but that the investigation remains in the hands of Idaho State Police. He told the group gathered he had no new information to share about the investigation, and urged patience as the investigation continues.

"This is going to be a long, drawn-out process," he said. "It's been over a week now. The community's got a lot of questions, a lot of concerns. They don't know what's going on."

Lots of questions from citizens Tuesday night focuses on whether video evidence of what happened had been captured  of dash and body cameras? The sheriff said that because dash and body cams were turned over to ISP immediately, he never had a chance to look at them and doesn't know if they were turned on during the confrontation.

The meeting was contentious at times, but some residents also applauded the sheriff and his promise to find the truth. Zollman told the crowd once a report is released he will share it with residents first and then with the media.

Sarah Yantis, Jack's daughter, was emotional after the nearly one-hour meeting. She told KTVB the sheriff didn't answer any questions.

"I found him to be evasive [and] contradictory, and in the end I just asked him to look me in the eye when he lied to us," she said.

Others in the community also expressed dissatisfaction with the sheriff's answers.

"We really didn't find anything out," Council resident Don Mello said after the meeting.

Mello also questioned why deputies are equipped with dash cameras and body cameras if they did not get turned on. He said the lack of answers was further dividing the small community.

"The longer a wound goes, you know, the worse it festers," he said.

Despite inquiry from the people gathered at the town hall, Zollman reiterated Tuesday that he doesn't plan to release the names of the deputies involved in the shooting out of concern for their safety. He said one of those deputies is still in Adams County, while the other has left the area. Both remain on paid administrative leave.

Yantis' son-in-law, Mike Armistead, said he still had unanswered questions, but expressed conviction the truth would emerge eventually.

"I think when it's all settled and everything comes out, we'll get answers," he said. "I have confidence in the investigation."

Community members say they hope this town can heal, but it will take a long time.

Yantis, 62, died Nov. 1 after a Subaru station wagon crashed into a bull on U.S 95. north of Council. Deputies were getting ready to put the animal down when Yantis - the bull's owner - arrived on the scene with a rifle. Zollman said dispatchers had called Yantis after the crash, telling him that the bull that was hit appeared to be his, and was down on the highway near his house.

Zollman said there was an altercation, and Yantis and both deputies all fired their weapons. The rancher died at the scene.

Zollman told KTVB Tuesday night that the Idaho Attorney General's Office has taken over the case, but Idaho State Police is still the lead investigating agency.